Providing what you need...expert advice, leading brand names, stock and full support services...we're raising the bar
We provide a full range of industry leading magflow meters: whether you require battery powered, mains powered, special flanges, electrodes or liners, profibus or data outputs, remote monitoring or displays, we have it all.
Siemens magflo meters provide practically maintenance free operation and can be used with any conductive liquid covering food & beverage, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, water & wastewater and slurries. If you have an inline flow application, then chances are that our range of magflo meters will have the perfect price point/performance for your application.
Why RS Hydro?
RS Hydro are regarded as the one of the UK's leading suppliers of magflow meters for a wide range of applications whether it is liquid or gas. In almost every application, we draw upon our extensive experience both in the UK and overseas. If we can't do it, we'll be honest and tell you so. We thoroughly believe in 'best advice' which ultimately means to you that we will not provide any advice that we would not be prepared to take ourselves. That's a promise...
As a company, we offer the following services:
- Extensive Stock available for same-day delivery
- Maintenance & Servicing
- Installation & Commissioning
- Flow Meter Rental
- Flow Meter Calibration
Why use Electromagnetic Flowmeters?
Since electromagnetic flow meters were introduced in the 1950s, these flow meters have become one of the most widely used flowmeter technologies for flow measurement. Also known as magflow meters, magnetic flow meters or mag meters, these meters offer significant advantages over other technologies especially when it comes down to accuracy and reliability
- High accuracies typically between ±0.25% or 0.5% of rate depending on model
- Simple design with no moving parts (thus reducing the risk of breakdowns or repairs)
- Mechanically obstructionless & can be fitted with abrasion/corrosion resistant, sanitary or inert liners
- Minimal pressure drop & typically only requiring short section of straight pipe (5d U/S & 3d D/S)
- Large pipe size range from mms to meters in diameter
- Low power consumption with battery powered versions lasting 8 years on a single internal battery pack
- Ideal for bi-directional, low or high flow rates, fast changing flow rates
- Good turn down ratios from 0.3m/sec to 10m/sec
- Wide temperature and pressure ranges available.
How do Electromagnetic Flow Meters work?
Magnetic flowmeters use Faraday's Law of Electromagnetic Induction to determine the flow of liquid in a pipe. In a magnetic flowmeter, a magnetic field is generated and channelled into the liquid flowing through the pipe. Following Faraday's Law, flow of a conductive liquid through the magnetic field will cause a voltage signal to be sensed by electrodes located on the flow tube walls. When the fluid moves faster, more voltage is generated. Faraday's Law states that the voltage generated is proportional to the movement of the flowing liquid. The electronic transmitter processes the voltage signal to determine liquid flow.
Where are magflo meters used?
Magflo meters are used in every industry around the world but most extensively in the water/wastewater industry, chemical, food & drink, power, oil & gas, paper, mining and pharmaceutical industries.
A Final Word...
Understand your application and if you cannot then speak to a company who will ask the right questions to help you understand. When you feel that you are receiving best advice, sometimes at the expense of a sale then you have chosen the right company. We could make a recommendation but having read this you may already have a good idea of where you can get best advice.